Case Study Information
We received a call from the home owner in a panic as she had just seen the damage to her rental property. The tenants had moved out a few weeks prior and when she went to take a look she noticed the musty odor throughout as well as some visible growth on the back of the kitchen wall. What she did not know is just how bad this microbial growth or mold had been growing behind the cabinets. As it turns out, the water source was caused by a leak in the supply line to the sink.
We contained the affected area to prevent cross contamination into unaffected areas of the home. Then, we began with our mold remediation process. All affected drywall and cabinets were discarded. The remaining wood framing was sanded and the entire area was detail cleaned with HEPA Vacuums and the room was placed under negative air to capture the mold and mold spores to return home to favorable air quality and begin reconstruction.